Saturday, December 5, 2020

IS TERRI'S MURDER CONNECTED WITH HER FRIEND NATALIE'S SUICIDE? FIND OUT IN KAREN VAUGHAN'S BOOK DEAD TO WRITES - A LAURA & GERRY MYSTERY - BOOK 7


 

Natalie Fisher committed suicide after an author stole her work and published it as her own.

Two years later, her best friend Terri is found dead in her hotel room.

Are the two deaths connected?

Laura Fitz and Detective Gibbons are on the case to trap a ruthless author trying to get away with murder!


Terri Carter was minding her booth at the “Murders Are Us” Writer’s symposium when a dark shadow hovered over her in the form of me, Francesca. I had a score to settle with her as she dared to write and get published a novel titled: The Death of Her, claiming that I was the villain and had killed someone close to her. How dare she try and ruin my untarnished reputation. She will pay dearly and so will anyone else that dares to cross me. Things spiral out of control when Laura Fritz gets on the case but first there is a murder victim in the park and then someone decided to kill Terri Carter in a unique and clever way. How about sending her a bottle of wine and some chocolate with no card. How about spiking it with hemlock as the card says: Enjoy the Hemlock!
When Sophie is questioned about Terri’s death she explains that they were supposed to meet but when she knocked at her door there was no answer and she spoke with Cassie who convinced her to wait until the morning to see her. Things spiral out of control but first we meet Laura and her husband Gerry, Janice who is Gibbon’s wife and a weird neighbor named Myrna. Laura is on the case and has the bottle of wine and chocolates analyzed and they learn that it was indeed Hemlock. So, what does that mean I did it? I have 7 people that will swear to my whereabouts when the murder was taking place. Gibbons met with Sylvie and got her version of what she thinks happened and that she and Natalie wrote novels and wanted to her them published. How dare she way that I would hinder them even though they are not quality writers.
Laura Fritz is my problem as well as Gibbons because these two are two smart and two involved hopefully she will get sidetracked planning her friend’s wedding and lay off of me and this case. Laura’s boss needed her to cover for her and finding Terri Carter’s body in her hotel room and she explained her findings. The Chief of Homicide requested that she and Gibbons work the case but something would change all that. Listen to what Cassie relates and realize that Sylvie is hiding something and maybe she is the killer! When Jeff, Laura and Maddy meet out of nowhere Jeff falls over and it appears that he is having a heart attack. At this point maybe I got lucky and he will be off the case because author Karen Vaughan made him too ambitious and too dedicated to his job.
Let me recap for you so that you know that I Francesca Bartoski is straightforward and honest to a fault: Terri Carter victim 2 died from ingesting wine and dark chocolate laced with hemlock. I am the next victim how dare they say that I harassed the victim on the morning of her death. I could care less that she’s gone and like I said before I have 7 alibis and why would I arrange to have this package delivered. My time is more valuable than that.
What about Sylvia Boucher that never bothered to check with the manager downstairs to find out if her friend was alive and claimed that her roommate Cassie would confirm that she was at the hotel at 10:45 p.m. But wait until you hear her version and realize that Sylvia might by lying. With the help of her friend Elaine, Laura gets a lead on the hemlock but how can that lead to me? I don’t think so? But, things are heating up and I have to begin to cover my tracks as too many people are beginning to point the finger at me and I am the only one that really counts in all of this. Detective Carolyn Crawford has the case so why is she including those two annoying nosy bodies Laura and Jeff. When Jeff is admitted to the hospital and now has to be on best rest for a while and on a desk why does he try to get in on the final action? Laura’s neighbor is an elderly woman named Myrna who is definitely from another planet you might say but what she reveals might lead them to finding out about where the hemlock came from and now I have to think fast before I am the next victim you might say.
I think I’ll call my special forces guy or my strong guy Oscar and make sure that he takes care of both Sylvia and Cassie and if need be anyone else that stands in my way.
However, author Karen Vaughan is too clever, too crafty and definitely has a flair for the unknown, twists, surprises and startling endings that you, the reader will never expect.
Just how did they think they could possibly take me down? Am I really so diabolical to have killer Terri and Natalie two mediocre people and below par writers? Just what did Karen Vaughan have in store for me Francesca Bartoski L? That’s a secret and if I tell then the killer might send you a basket of chocolate and wine. Find out who gets caught: DEAD TO WRITES!
I give this book Five Golden Glasses of Wine: DRINK UP AT YOUR OWN RISK!



AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Another great installment in the Dark Knights of Heaven." His Soul to Save (Dark Knights of Heaven Book 3) by TW Knight

Soulless and exiled from Heaven the Dark Knights have spent millennia protecting humanity from Lucifer and his demons. But the longer they l...