Monday, January 17, 2022

SUNLIGHT AND SHADOWS IS A DEEP REFLECTION OF A VICTIM, SURVIVOR AND A BEAUTIFULLY EMPATHETIC HUMAN BEING THAT HAS RISEN ABOVE THE PERPETRATORS OF THE PAST AND FOUND BEAUTY IN PEOPLE, NATURE, AND ANIMALS.

Marta Moran Bishop continues her journey in Sunlight and Shadows. This book of poetry, unlike A Poet’s Journey: Emotions, is a more thought-provoking book. In its pages, she covers everything from God to life after death, war, and the shooting in Newtown, Connecticut. Still, she is able to bring to life the beauty and grandeur of her surroundings and make us laugh, cry, think, and feel.

Sunlight and Shadows will once again, take you on an emotional journey through life.

She believes it is how we deal with despair, tragedy, and joy that define us as human beings.


5.0 out of 5 starsPowerful and rich...reminds me I am not alone.


Powerful and rich...reminds me I am not alone.
It is rare for me to read a book of poetry – stories are my usual preference. After being captivated by the author’s stories, however, the reviews written for her poetry captured my interest.
In SUNLIGHT AND SHADOWS, some of the poems are powerfully raw: edgy, spunky, and intense – like ‘Shackled’ and ‘Innocence Lost.’ The author bares her soul and because she did, her poems gave me a strong sense of fearless courage in the face of daunting challenges. I did not need the details usually found in a story to understand.
In other poems, the tones are whimsical and daring, as in ‘The Dance;’ and, in a few, her expressions are poignantly thought-provoking relative to current issues, as in ‘You Should Have Known.’
A favorite life-theme of mine, transformation, is the thread that I found to be richly woven into the poetry of SUNLIGHT AND SHADOWS. Several of my favorites are: ‘I Wonder,’ ‘If You Believe,’ ‘Honor,’ and ‘Bright Spirit Show Us the Way.’

Enlightened by my read, the poetry written by Marta Moran Bishop sits next to my reading chair – for moments of reflection and to remind me that I am not alone on this journey through life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Another great installment in the Dark Knights of Heaven." His Soul to Save (Dark Knights of Heaven Book 3) by TW Knight

Soulless and exiled from Heaven the Dark Knights have spent millennia protecting humanity from Lucifer and his demons. But the longer they l...