Saturday, June 13, 2020

DEAD MEN DON'T SWING - BOOK 4 OF THE LAURA & GERRY MYSTERY SERIES BY KAREN VAUGHAN, IS ONE SLIGHTLY BAWDY FUN MURDER MYSTERY


Laura and Gerry have moved from Scarborough to North York. Death has followed them to the highrise they manage and Laura has to deal with a tenant with attitude as well as a dead one in the dumpster. Cookie the corpse magnet strikes again in this hilarious yet slightly bawdy mystery.
rated it it was amazing
I was surprised several times by this book and that’s hard to do to this reader these days. Karen Vaughan has cleverly weaved a murder mystery that had me thinking I knew what was about to happen. “Dead Men Don’t Swing” is an easy and entertaining read in which a married woman kills her lover who decided to dump her. Of course Laura Fitz is the one to discover the body and is thrown straight into the melee of murder, swingers and insane tenants.

Laura has become a likeable character and though you do need to suspend disbelief in some of these situations, it’s still a fun read. I do have to warn you not to get too overconfident like I did as the story reached its climax. I thought I was about to seriously disappointed in the ending and I wasn’t. So here’s my take, if you need to be entertained this is the book for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Another great installment in the Dark Knights of Heaven." His Soul to Save (Dark Knights of Heaven Book 3) by TW Knight

Soulless and exiled from Heaven the Dark Knights have spent millennia protecting humanity from Lucifer and his demons. But the longer they l...