Saturday, July 23, 2022

PIRATES, FAIRIES, SANTA, ELVES, ADVENTURERS IF TRUE ARE NOT FOR GIRLS - A POIGNANT LOOK AT THE WORLD THROUGH A YOUNG GIRL AND HOW SHE FIND JOY AGAIN - THE MADONNA BY PATRICIA MORAN


The Madonna written by my mother Patricia Moran, and I inherited it upon her death.

The Madonna is the story of childhood dreams lost and re-found. It is a brief snatch of a memory of a time when a young girl has found out all the things that grown-ups tell her she can't be or do, and the magic has gone out of her life. Yet, she finds something that forever brings back her ability to believe in more than what we call the ordinary.

I labeled it fiction although I believe it to be a memory that my mother had of a day and time in her youth. Knowing my mother as I did, something like it could have happened.

Until the day she died, she believed that all things were possible.

 
The Madonna was a peek into the mind of a young girl who had learned that her magical childhood dreams were not reality, and if those things like looking for buried treasure was not for girls. Girls had to learn to be proper, was a poignant look at what some of us do to our children.

This line from the book stuck in my mind, and will continue to as I watch my grandchildren grow.
'And then I’ll be just like all the rest, she thought, never doing anything that is different or exiting, never do any of the things she had read about, because they were all lies.'

It is a poignant little story that does bring hope at the end.

AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Another great installment in the Dark Knights of Heaven." His Soul to Save (Dark Knights of Heaven Book 3) by TW Knight

Soulless and exiled from Heaven the Dark Knights have spent millennia protecting humanity from Lucifer and his demons. But the longer they l...