Monday, April 19, 2021

A LETTER BETWEEN EMILY AND EDGAR - NEVERMORE - A POET'S JOURNEY: EMOTIONS BY MARTA MORAN BISHOP


 One of a set of letters between Edgar and Emily, in print in the A Poet's Journey series.

MY DEAREST EDGAR


I’ve read your post of yesterday,

More times than I can count or say

I cannot seem to speak or hear,

Except your words within my ear

What do you mean by nevermore?

My heart, my soul that I adore


Where is my love of latter-day?

Who spoke of dreams that made me stay?

We will be one through thick and thin,

Nary a word from kith or kin,

Could part our hearts and souls once more

I pray to all that does remain,

 

That mean you not in your refrain.

Nevermore is not meant for me,

But some form of insanity.

That your temperance has not detained,

Your love for me your Emily.


AMAZON

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Another great installment in the Dark Knights of Heaven." His Soul to Save (Dark Knights of Heaven Book 3) by TW Knight

Soulless and exiled from Heaven the Dark Knights have spent millennia protecting humanity from Lucifer and his demons. But the longer they l...